Monday, August 12, 2013

Product Review - Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer



With all of the online buzz, I gave in and picked up one of the new Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers. There were a lot of really pretty colours and I swatched a bunch before selecting the shade Celestial. Celestial is a rosey-berry shade that is not too dark, but definitely not a nude. It is a typical colour that I would select, and that's fine with me, because I love it!


I've worn this a few times since purchasing, so I can provide you with my pros and cons:

Pros:
- feels amazing on the lips - smooth and not sticky at all
- great pigmentation - one swipe across the lips and the colour shows up beautifully
- quite glossy - no need for layering a lip gloss over top
- easy to use applicator - there is a little dip in the doe foot applicator that makes it easy to get enough of the product onto your lips the first time. It is also easy to create a precise lip line due to the applicator

Cons:
- a bit of a strange smell - kind of like melons, although I only can smell it during application, and I don't notice any taste
- doesn't last particularly long - this is not a stain, nor does it dry down. It is more like a liquid lipstick
- not that cheap considering it is a drugstore product - I paid $9.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart. Rimmel. I suppose this isn't abnormal pricing for Canada, but if you want to pick up on a few shades, it will get pricey


So overall, I'm really loving this product! I might pick up a couple more shades if I see these on sale.

Have you tried this shade or any others of the Rimmel Apocalips?

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment