Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Empties - Makeup

 So we all know that makeup products are the hardest ones to use up. I have a few samples mixed in here, so that helps, but I am trying to use up the products in my collection that are nearing their end (to make room for new purchases, of course!).

Here are the items that I have used up recently.



Primers and Oil Control

I use a primer pretty much everyday. Normally I look for ones that are either colour-correcting, or have oil control properties, or both. This was probably my second or third bottle of the Pur Minerals Color Correcting Primer in Green. I really like this one - it has that smooth texture, and the green counteracts redness, so it allows me to apply less foundation. This now comes in new packaging which is a tube rather than a pump bottle, which would be much easier to use as the pump can sometimes stop working, which is annoying, but not the end of the world for me. 

I also finished a tube of the Cover FX Clear Prep FX Mattifying Primer with Anti-Acne Treatment. I don't know if it helps reduce acne, but as long as a product won't cause it, I'm happy. As for oil control, well, I get extremely oily and I don't find that this prevents it 100%. But then again, I haven't found many products that actually do. Overall it is a nice primer, but I'm currently using the Murad matte primer, and I think I like it better. 

I used up a bottle of Urban Decay De Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray. I usually spray this after applying my foundation and setting powder and I do find that it helps. The Urban Decay version is by the brand Skindinavia, and around Christmas there was a sale on the Skindinavia website and I picked up about three bottles, so while I didn't repurchase the Urban Decay product, this is something that I use on almost an everyday basis!


Eye Makeup Removers

I love the Lancome Bi-Facil eye makeup remover. I have never actually purchased a bottle however. That is because I receive free samples of it so often that I have never had to. But I really recommend this for getting off stubborn eye makeup.

Same story for Clinique Take the Day Off makeup remover. I always receive this free, but it also does the trick for me.


Face Products

Benefit Boxed Blush in Sugarbomb is gorgeous - it is a swirl of four soft colours - peach, deep pink, light pink, and lavender, and together, it is such a pretty colour. I will definitely repurchase this at some point down the line. 

I finished using Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer in Fair. I really like it, and if I didn't have so many other concealers on the go right now, I would pick up another one!

This next product is a funny one for me - Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Concealer - I have repurchased this countless times as I want a concealer to cover blemishes that will heal and prevent new ones, but I'm not actually sure this does anything but cover. I just haven't found anything better, so I continue to purchase. 


Mascara and Lips

I tried It Cosmetics Hello Lashes for the first time and this mascara is fantastic! It made my lashes look really long and pretty, and I love the wand. It is one of the kind that has sort of a ball on the tip so that the bristles go in all direction. This helps with pushing the lashes up so that your lashes have a bit of lift, even if you do not use a curler. I will probably try to get my hands on another tube of this when I'm finished using up all of my samples.

I also used up two of my large stash of samples - Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes, and Tarina Tarantino. Both worked great. But again, I have a stash of samples I'm trying to work through before repurchasing any mascara.

I received this Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Stick in Amsterdam as part of a Sephora free gift. I really like it, in fact, I purchased a full size version already. Amsterdam is a rosy nude colour and it tingles on the lips, which I actually enjoy. I believe it has plumping properties, but I just like the colour and find the formula quite long-wearing. 

So that is all for my makeup empties. I'm working my way through lots of products, so hopefully I'll more to post about soon.

Up next: skincare empties!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment