Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Product Review - Clarins Ombre Minerale Mono Eyeshadow

Recently I picked up three shades of the Clarins Ombre Minerale Mono Eyeshadow. This was my first time trying anything from the Clarins makeup line, so I thought I would post a review on how these worked out for me.

Taupe, Silver Green, Nude
Clarins Ombre Minerale Mono Eyeshadow
back (l to r): Taupe, Silver Green
front: Nude

I knew right away that I wanted the Nude and Taupe shades. They are just beautiful neutrals that can be combined with anything on a daily basis. But as far as a colour to make a bit more of a statement, I wasn't really sure what to choose. There are a couple of gorgeous purples in the collection (Aubergine and Vibrant Violet) and a pretty blue-grey (Slate Blue), but I ended up selecting Silver Green as I don't normally pick greens. This green is more of a neutral grey-green that is not overwhelming for those of us who are unlikely to jump right into an emerald green eyeshadow. I don't mind wearing bright eyeliners, but I normally pair a bright eyeliner with a more neutral shadow. 


Swatches on fingers (l to r): Taupe, Nude, Silver Green 

Below are the swatches - applied dry, you can see that these shadows are quite sheer.I had to apply a very thick swatch of Nude because it is extremely close to my skintone and was not really photographing very well.

Silver Green, Nude, Taupe

Applied Wet:
Nude, Taupe, Silver Green

I've already worn these shades as a trio a couple of times and they looked really pretty. Of course I layered them over a primer (currently using Benefit's Stay Don't Stray), and the shadows lasted all day. I mentioned above that the shadows are quite sheer, but  I actually hesitate to call them sheer, because the colour payoff is quite nice. Perhaps it is better to just say that the colours are muted. You will likely not reach for these for a dramatic evening look. but they are very appropriate for an everyday work look, so overall I'm happy with these and will turn to them often.

Thanks for reading!











2 comments:

  1. Interesting, I quite like the darkest shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it is something different for a lot of us. I know I often buy similar shades because that is what I'm immediately drawn to, but it's nice to step out of the box!

      Delete