Monday, April 15, 2013

Product Review - Stila Countless Color Pigments

left: all shades swirled together, center: mid-toned orangey-brown, right: deepest brown

This was an impulse purchase at the Sephora VIB sale. It was not on my list, and I had never actually seen this new and limited edition product before (also, according to Sephora's website, this product is exclusive to them). But once I touched it, I was sold. The texture is so silky soft and I knew that it would blend nicely on my eyelid.

The version I chose was the most safe (most boring?) option - Groupie is basically a trio of neutral brown shades. The collection also included a bright pink, some purples, a turquoise, a blue and a reddish/brown combo. 

I immediately assumed these were just for the eyes, but they are marketed as pigments, so I guess that would imply that they are multi-use. In fact, I read a couple of reviews on Sephora's website later that night and someone mentioned that she uses the pink shade as a blush. I probably wouldn't have thought of that, but it's always great to get more than one purpose out of a product.

So far I have worn this on my eyes twice only. It definitely goes on smooth, and I enjoy using it, but I really didn't need to pick this up, especially considering all of the neutral browns I already have in my collection (especially, due to this). I actually wish I had been more adventurous and picked one of the more colourful selections such as Lyric, Tie Dye, or Light Show. I guess that is what you get for making impulse purchases!



Stila Countless Color Pigments in Lyric



Stila Countless Color Pigments in Tie Dye


Stila Countless Color Pigments in Light Show

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Waw, they looks really pretty! Especially Light Show looks nice.

    ReplyDelete