Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoo Limited Edition 2013



I looked high and low for these things until I finally gave up and turned to ebay. Of course when buying on ebay, it only made sense to buy the entire collection to save on shipping and handling. Right? Of course. 


l to r: Shady Shores, Waves of White, Blue Paradise, Icy Mint, Lavish Lavender, Seashore Frosts, Precious Pearl, Cool Crush

I have read other reviews of these limited edition shades, and they have not really been that good. Other bloggers have said that the colour pigmentation is lacking, and that they fade quickly. I'm disappointed to have to agree, but these really are not as good as the permanent collection. However, I still have been enjoying them. With a primer, I don't have an issue with fading. If  you want a super opaque look, you still probably won't get it with these, but for a sheer wash of colour, they are quite pretty.

The one I was most excited about was Lavish Lavender. I used it as an allover lid colour and built it up with a couple of thin layers (if you are going to do layers, be careful to ensure they are thin layers or the product gets a bit uneven). I thought the look was really pretty in the end, but with one of the permanent collection shades such as Bad to the Bronze, one thin coat is really all you need to get an opaque base. 

I'm also really liking the blues - Blue Paradise and Cool Crush are both really pretty colours and lend themselves well to a sheer wash of colour on the eyelid. 

All in all, I would have to say that if you are looking for the colour intensity of the permanent collection, you will likely be disappointed. But if you love the new colours and are interested in a sheer look, or interested in using one of the colours as a base for a powder shadow, these are quite lovely.

Shady Shores


Waves of White

Blue Paradise


Icy Mint

Lavish Lavender


Seashore Frosts

Precious Pearl

Cool Crush


Have you given any of these a try yet? 

Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment