Monday, June 24, 2013

Stila In The Light Palette

top row l to r: Bare, Kitten, Bliss, Sunset, Sandstone
bottom row l to r: Champagne, Gilded Gold, Luster, Night Sky, Ebony

top row l to r: Bare, Kitten, Bliss, Sunset, Sandstone
bottom row l to r: Champagne, Gilded Gold, Luster, Night Sky, Ebony

One of the downsides of being makeup obsessed is that sometimes (or quite often), great products go unused. This is an example for me - I purchased this palette over a year ago, I believe in early 2012. I then used it a couple times and then sort of forgot about it. 

Lately, however, it seems like this palette has become a lot more popular, as I have been seeing it pop up on several blogs. This has inspired me to pull it out and get some well-deserved use out of it!

In The Light has an assortment of neutrals, that range from your light highlighting shades to your dramatic shades for a smokey eye, or to be used as eyeliner. There is also a mixture of both shimmers and mattes. Included in the palette is the oh-so-popular Kitten, which I personally have gone through two pans, and currently have a back-up in my collection. You also get a Smudge Stick Eyeliner in Damsel, which is a dark brown. 

Here is a very simple everyday eye that I often wear using this palette:




I used Bliss allover the lid and blended into the crease and then a mixture of Sunset and Gilded Gold to slightly darken the outer V and then pulled down under the lower lashline. I highlighted with Bare. The liquid liner is Hourglass Calligraphy Liquid Eyeliner in Cognac, and the mascara is Clinique High Impact.

Of course this palette is extremely versatile in that the above look is for everyday, but you can also create a very dramatic evening look as well.

Have you tried this palette?

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment