Friday, February 8, 2013

MAC Archie's Girls - What I Got! (Part 1)

Admittedly, I'm not the most obsessed MAC lover out there. I do think they make some great products, however, I've only recently started purchasing them on a regular basis. However, when I heard they were putting out a collection based on the Archie comic books, I got quite excited and started stalking the MAC forums and website to learn more and to be able to log on at the precise time the collection was released in order to not miss out on the items that I wanted the most. Yes, I take my makeup collection extremely seriously. Anyways, I received my package in the mail last night and I wanted to share the items that are making me extra happy!





From Betty's Collection:
  • Betty Lipstick in Girl Next Door



This lipstick is quite pale and frosty. It highlights dry lips, so be sure to exfoliate / moisturize before wearing. I didn't love it at first, but I actually like it layered with a gloss. I've been pairing it with MAC Going Casual Cremesheen Glass from the holiday set that MAC put out this past holiday season.

From Veronica's Collection:
  • Veronica's Lipstick in Daddy's Little Girl


Daddy's Little Girl is a beautiful bright, fuchsia pink. I actually really love this colour. It's not something I would wear to work, but it would be great for evening. If I blot after applying and then use a gloss I find it can be more daytime appropriate.

From Archie's Girls Collection:
  • Archie's Girls Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Petrol Blue
  • Archie's Girls Pearlmatte Face Powder in Flatter Me
  • Archie's Girls Pearlmatte Face Powder in Veronica's Blush




This pencil is a gorgeous deep navy with shimmer in it. When applied on the eye, it doesn't show obvious sparkle, though. Unfortunately, this picture does it absolutely no justice. I need a better camera. I used this on my upper lashline, paired with my Lorac Unzipped Palette - I'll probably be posting this look soon, so stay tuned.





These face powders are probably my favourite items in the whole collection. They are just so beautiful. I wear them as blushes and both just bring such a pretty glow to the face. They aren't really shimmery, so I think using as a blush is quite nice.

From Archie's Girls Exclusives (Online only collection):
  • Young Hearts Mirror - this is really cute. I probably won't keep this in my makeup bag though - it seems like it would get dirty really quickly.


After seeing some swatches posted on Temptalia's blog, I did go back and place a second order, so stay tuned for Part 2!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment