Saturday, February 2, 2013

Favourites - January 2013

Here are my favourite / most-used products for the month of January.




  • theBalm Nudetude Palette - I got this on Hautelook about 6 - 8 months ago, but I have recently started using it a lot more often. You can create so many great looks and a lot of people even like it better than their Urban Decay Naked palettes. Personally, I think they are quite different, so I wouldn't say you should choose one or the other. There is room for both Naked palettes as well as theBalm Nudetude in my collection! As theBalm is featured on a fairly regular basis on Hautelook, I normally wait to make a purchase. If you are in the USA, it really is a great deal as the cost is $18 (this deal is available today in fact), however, in Canada, it is not as great. Once you add in shipping as well as import duties, the final price is $32.55. Still cheaper, as I believe the regular price is $38, but if you are buying this from Hautelook, I would recommend to pick up a few items to make the shipping cost more worthwhile :) Any excuse to buy more products right?

  • Cover FX Clear FX matte primer - love, love, love this. Helps with mattifying, and of course, my foundation glides on smoother and lasts longer. I always like to try and have some kind of layer between my face and makeup that actually helps my skin be healthier in the long run, and I think this does just that. I've only had it since early January, so hopefully I love it for a long time.

  • Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum - according to the Juice Beauty website, this serum will "reduce breakouts, unclog pores, and even skin tone", contains CoQ10 (which is great for anti-aging), and is hydrating. Basically, this is everything I look for in a serum, and so far, I love it. Also, I think it will last quite awhile - look how much is still in the bottle, after using it for about three weeks! Just to be safe however, I have already re-ordered so that I will not have to go even a day without applying before bed.

  • Mariah Carey by OPI nail polish in Sprung - such a pretty sparkly color, without the grittiness of glitter polishes. I can't stop staring at my nails when I have this on. It's actually kind of embarrassing when I get caught gazing down at them! This happened twice last week.

  • OPI nail polish in Meet Me On the Star Ferry - gorgeous deep, dusty mauve with a bit of a golden shimmer in it. I think this was from the Hong Kong collection. This shade almost feels like a neutral to me as it doesn't particularly scream for attention. It is just a nice wearable colour and I've been loving it this month.

  • Physicians Formula Sexy Booster Sexy Glow Blush in Rose - I mentioned this in my drugstore haul the other day, and it definitely deserves a spot in my January favourites, even though it is new. I've been wearing it a lot ever since I bought it as it provides a natural, pretty flush to the cheeks. Just very natural and pretty (said that already, but it really is). 

  • Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Intense in Intense Chocolate - this pencil liner glides on so smooth and with so much dark chocolatey brown colour. I love it! I'm always looking for deep brown eyeliners and this one is pretty perfect. I find that there are so many great bronzy brown liners, but not as many really great dark browns. Anyways, this one is a twist-up (no sharpener required!) and has a smudger on the end. This is great of course for lining the upper lashline, but also great for smudging under the lower lashline. I keep meaning to check if these are sold in other colours.

  • Tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Luster in Frisky - this is a sheer bright pink colour and looks natural, but also perks up your look a bit. It is definitely shiny, but not overly glossy. Also, there is a slight peppermint tingle to it. I've really been loving a lot of Tarte products lately. They always feel like great, quality items. You will probably see me talk about a lot of them in the future.
So there you have it! This was my January in beauty products in a nutshell. I'm excited to see what February brings. Tell me, what were your faves for the month?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment