Friday, February 1, 2013

Drugstore Haul - January 2013

**Disclaimer - yes, my post yesterday was about using products up, and now today, I'm posting about new items! I see the irony here, however, my collection is very much a rotation. Out with the old and in with the new!

So there are plenty of new items at the drugstore right now, with spring collections coming out. It is really cold in Canada, so I'm not quite ready to start switching to pastels but... I couldn't resist picking up a couple of things.

I didn't buy all of these things at once, rather this is the accumlation of January drugstore purchases. I think I might try to collect all of my monthly drugstore purchases and then do one post a month.

Essence Cherry Blossom Girl Blush in Asian Sensation
This is my first ever purchase from Essence. To be honest, I normally pass by their displays because the makeup looks a bit juvenile at first glance. But this dual color blush really jumped out at me. It reminds me of an absolute favorite product several years ago - Smashbox Soft Lights Duo in Supermodel. Both of these blushes include a peachy pink (in the Essence compact, it is probably slightly more on the coral side), as well as a champagne highlighter. I'm excited to give this one a try as I ran out of my Smashbox version ages ago. The best part about this purchase might be the price - only $2.99!   

Revlon Nail Polish in Girly (260)


This polish is so pretty! Also, it is my first Revlon polish. I normally use OPI and Essie, so I'm excited to try this one. I have heard a lot of good things about Revlon nail products. This was $7.99.

Physicians Formula Sexy Booster Sexy Glow Blush in Rose



Beautiful! I just love this blush. I watched a review on YouTube by GlamLifeGuru and just had to go pick this up. The formula is quite sheer so I'm not sure how well it would show up on darker skin. The color is lovely on light to medium skin and there is a bit of a sheen that brings out my cheekbones. It smells good too. Actually, my blush brush now also smells good! I really want to try the Sexy Booster bronzer from Physicians Formula next. This was $17.99 (yikes..), but there was a $7 rebate coupon on the package.

Revlon Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Socialite 

I have given this a try. I can't say I love it. The color is very natural on me, which is nice, but I was looking for a bit more payoff. The swatch on my hand shows up fairly well, but I think my lips are a bit too pigmented to really allow the color to show up. Also, the formula can get a bit cakey on my lips if I'm not careful. I won't be going back for more shades, especially since I think the darker colors would probably look worse when the cakiness occurs. This was on sale for $11.49.

No comments:

Post a Comment