Tuesday, May 28, 2013

NARS Pierre Hardy Blush Palette

If you are looking for an absolutely gorgeous new blush for summer, you need to take a look at the new NARS Pierre Hardy Blush Palette in Boys Don't Cry. I had heard about this new collection coming out, and had seen photos of the products, but when I swatched this blush, I had to get it.




The collection consists of two blushes - Rotonde and Boys Don't Cry, as well as several nail polish duos. I'm on a bit of a hiatus as far as purchasing nail polishes, so I skipped looking at those. However, the blushes are gorgeous!


top: Rotonde
bot
tom: Boys Don't Cry
source: Sephora



left: heavily swatched
right: blended out

As you can see from the above swatch, this blush is extremely pigmented, as are most Nars blushes. A light hand is definitely necessary! Blended out however, the look is a gorgeous, healthy, peachy pink cheek that is perfect for summer. Once applied, I wondered if I had something similar to this. I thought perhaps it was similar to MAC's Stereo Rose, which I had picked up recently when it was re-promoted as part of a collection. So I did a couple of comparison swatches:

l to r: Boys Don't Cry, MAC Stereo Rose, Tarte Achiote

Boys Don't Cry is the most vibrant of the bunch. Stereo Rose, while it also gives a peachy pink cheek, it is more shimmery, and less vibrant. Tarte Achiote is probably the most similar colour I own, however, it does not give the same intensity. You might not need to pick up the Nars version if you have Achiote, but I'm sure glad to have it in my collection!

Thanks for reading!


2 comments:

  1. makeup alldaylongMay 29, 2013 at 7:42 AM

    I know, right? Sometimes I forget how much I love Nars blushes. It's nice to be reminded.

    ReplyDelete