Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Favourites - April 2013

I can't believe it is May already! April went so fast for me, but I bought a ton of great things, and all of my April favourites are actually items that I bought in April, but loved so much that have been wearing them basically everyday since. This month was a real mix of both high and low products, which I love because great products can be found at any price point. 


My April faves are:

  • Revlon Lip Butters in Sorbet and Juicy Papaya
  • YSL Rouge Volupte Shine lipstick in #15 Corail Intuitive
  • Cover Girl & Olay Simply Ageless Concealer 
  • Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation
  • Bobbi Brown Blush in Nectar
  • NYX Slide On eye pencils


Revlon Lip Butters in Sorbet and Juicy Papaya
Have I ever mentioned on here that I love Revlon Lip Butters? Well I do. And the new colours they recently put out for spring as part of the Pacific Coast collection, are so good. I might have mentioned in a previous post that I just picked up the above two? Well I went back and got the other two as well. I just love these. 

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte
Shine #15 Corail Intuitive
OK, so another lip product. I couldn't choose one! This lipstick is so pretty - it is a very subtle coral that is just lovely. And of course the YSL lipsticks are some of the best. I'm thinking of doing a post on my full YSL lipstick collection as I have accumulated several. This was one of the items in the picture here, that I picked up at the Sephora VIB sale. I like to take advantage of discounts when purchasing pricey items like this one.

Cover GIrl Simply Ageless Concealer in 205 Very
Light and Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1
Foundation in 910 Classic Ivory
Honestly, I would never have guessed that I would be putting any Cover Girl products in my monthly favourites. Not because I have anything against drugstore makeup - I love the drugstore, but I used to use Cover Girl foundation when I was 14. And it wasn't very good. I've also tried a lot of other Cover Girl products back in my teen days (what teenage girl didn't have a Cover Girl pressed powder compact in their school bag?), but since then, I've found products that are so much better, whether they are low or high-end. So when both this foundation, as well as this concealer started popping up on beauty blogs, I didn't think it was worth checking out. But my curiosity took over and my frustration with my current foundation drove me to Shoppers Drug Mart where I picked up both of these (on sale, I might add). And I'm really glad I got them. I've been using both products ever since I got them, two weeks ago. The foundation shade Classic Ivory is a perfect match (117 in MUFE HD) and I just love the finish that it gives to my oily skin. Anyways, I don't want to do a full review here, but these are products that I will keep using on a daily basis.


Bobbi Brown Blush in Nectar

You may have received the email a few weeks ago about the Bobbi Brown friends and family sale on the website - the discount lured me in and I picked up two blushes, a bronzer and an eyeshadow. This blush in Nectar is perfect. It is such a gorgeous pink with a hint of coral in it that goes with everything. I can't stop using it! 




NYX Slide On Pencils in Gun Metal, Azure, Golden Bronze and Glitzy Gold
These eyeliner pencils are so good. I'd heard that they were similar to the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils, but had never tried them. I have to say that they seem like the same formula to me. They have the same creaminess, the same great colour payoff, and they last all day for me. These are amazing, and for the price, I highly recommend these. I will be going back for more colours.

So those are my favourites for April. What are yours?

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I also have those Revlom Lip Butters, they're great :-)

    ReplyDelete