Friday, May 10, 2013

My New Favourite Palette!

Meet Matte Nude! I recently received my order that I placed during theBalm's 50% off sale, back in April. It took forever to arrive, which I think is partly due to the issues they had with their new website, but I have to say that it was worth the wait. I got a ton of great products, at a pretty good price. The shipping charge was steep, but at the end of the day, I still paid much less than if I bought these locally. 

For now, I just want to talk about the Meet Matte Nude palette. I was unsure if I needed this (how can I really justify any new eyeshadows at this point???), since I do already have the original Meet Matte, as well as several other "nude" palettes. But I'm really glad I picked this one up because it has  some of the prettiest matte shadows I have seen. Sometimes mattes can be a bit difficult to blend, but I had no problem with these. I got the palette Friday, and I have worn it everyday since. 



There is enough variety that you could create a number of different looks. So far, I've really been loving Matt Hung as a crease shade and Matt Malloy is a really great highlighting shade, or lid shade if you are going for a bright-eye look. Matt Lombardi and Matt Singh are both great for blending, and of course the darker browns are perfect for darkening out the outer V area. 

And here are the swatches (no primer was used):

l to r: Matt Johnson, Matt Garcia, Matt Malloy

l to r: Matt Rosen, Matt Wood, Matt Singh

l to r: Matt Abdul, Matt Lombardi, Matt Hung

Just to compare, I thought I would show the original Meet Matte palette as well. I got this quite some time ago from Hautelook, but for some reason, I have not used this one very often at all. As you can see, it is quite a bit smaller than the Meet Matte Nude palette, but it is a very nice compact size that would be great for travel. Also, this one includes an applicator, although I don't really have a preference either way as I rarely use these.



l to r: Matt Smith, Matt Gallagher, Matt Ramirez
l to r: Matt McDonald, Matt Horowitz, Matt Chung
l to r: Matt Batali, Matt Schilling, Matt Patel

Now that I'm looking at all of these swatches, I can see that I really should be using this palette a lot more! I think the blues kind of threw me off, but a gorgeous daytime neutral eye could be created using Matt Smith, Matt Gallagher and Matt Patel. I will definitely pull this one out so that I remember to get using it more!

Have you tried either of the Meet Matte palettes? 

Thanks for reading!




1 comment:

  1. Looks like a nice palette, the swatches look good.

    ReplyDelete